HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Second opinion] AprilAire 800 has worked perfectly for 3…

Second opinion] AprilAire 800...

Second opinion] AprilAire 800 has worked perfectly for 3 years, this winter when activated has performed erratically and I've been chasing the humidity between 30 & 70. It acts like the Outdoor Temperature Sensor is not connected, but it is and nothing has changen

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since turned on at beginning of Winter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/2/2018
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Just a thought

The outdoor sensor is connected but was it checked by mesuring its resistive value? It may be of specs or just toast.

The part is only $11, here is link to order (click on link)

https://shop.aprilaire.com/products/aprilaire-outdoor-temperature-sensor-8052?_ga=2.132356685.2137436349.1520032520-627321548.1519566754

Here is link to specs for sensor on bottom right of page

http://www.smarthomeusa.com/product_images/r/Research%20Products%20Corp/RPC-8052/RP8051-RP8052-RP8053_Specifications.pdf

I noticed question is still opened, do you need more assistance?

Best regards

Gaztech1

I am delighted with the solution. I’ve ordered the part and I believe it will fix my problem. For the solution an A+ but for having to wade through 3.5 attempts to get a response a D- Sorry

Did you know that this is the first time I came accross your question, as a independent technician, my goal is to help you, I did my research and submited a positive responce.

And for this you grade my efforts a D ?

You did not understand my response. Read it again. For what you did I gave an A+. For having to pose the problem more than three times with no response whatsoever, I gave the D- Thanks for your help, I am grateful.

| do understand and thankyou for rating my answer positive and I trive on helping folks.

In order for me to be credited for assisting you , you need to click on the 5 star rating to show what you thought MY assistance.

Best regards

Gaztech1

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician