HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I replace the ignitor and still not turning on flame.

I replace the ignitor...

I replace the ignitor and still not turning on flame. Everything looks attached and working.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Bryant

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Last Thanksgiving 15 mos ago similar problem, then worked. Began again this winer

2/19/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Does the draft inducer fan on the front of the unit run when there is a call for heat?

Hi Rick. I couldn't find the response from you, b/c way I "didn't set up an acct." I just spoke customer service and they have us connected.Regarding your last question: that brown spinny thing does spin. The ignitor does not go on. (before it was intermittent - sometime did, sometimes not...odd, sometimes wouldn't work, but if left furnace on for a couple days, it would just start up sometime.) I have replaced the flame sensor and ignitor - they are new. I can't seen any wiring disconnected.
let's see if we can do this by text first. If not work, and a call will solve it, i'll try that. already paid $28.

What's the brand and model of your furnace? The model is on the BTU rating tag inside the burner compartment.

Call prompt is automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here

Looking. One sec

ok

Bryant
Product 312aavo24070. Aaja
First#s model , no period then aaja added for product
Series a

Are you getting a flash code on the control board LED inside the blower compartment? Do not remove the compartment panel. There should be a viewing port to see the LED

It was 12 but then 34 and 14. Right now it is turned off. I can turn it back on if need to.

Turn it back on and test for power to the igniter after the draft fan has been running

Sounds like a fan or furnace on. Hear clicking. Thing is spinning
34 blinking

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Seems to be trying again I heard clicking...now just turned off
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

It sounds like the ciurcuit board is not sending power to the ignitor. Have you already changed the circuit board?

No.

If you have code 34...and no glow:

It is a bad ignitor or a bad circuit board. It is always one of those 2 if there is no glow.

Bill

Fuse is good.

I know the fuse is good but the ignitor relay is not.

There is a manual test if you are game. Do you have a small propane torch?

Im game
I think so. Referring to yellow canister?

correct, yellow or blue canister.

We want to light torch, start furnace....sfater the exhaust fan is running hold the torch flame next to the glow ignitor.

When you hear the clicking the gas valve will open and give gas for 3 seconds....if the gas lights in that 3 seconds flame stays on.

Try this test and tell me if the burner lights

K. Give me a few minutes to set up

No problem, take your time

Bill

Yeah. Working
Staying on nicely
Really quick ignition. Automatic. Working well.

Ok, so this means bad ignitor or board...and you already replaced ignitor. So your board is not energizing the ignitor.

Bill

I should purchase the circuit board and replace it? Yes ignitor is brand new.

Yes, then getting the board will take care of the issue.

I did hundreds of these and when it was not ignitor it was always the board...thus my torch test:)

You can also do that each time to light it to get by until new board installed.

Just rate service to close and thank you!

Bill

That's great. I will rate very well and use service again. Recommend.
Question...that red box with tree switches
Lht and dff are off
Dly is on
Are these significant?

No those are just blower on/off/delay differential.

Those are not related to igniton

Okay. Thanks. Warm family again :). Best.

You are very welcome,

stay warm

Bill

Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician