HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My amana refrig threw a breaker switch, but has gone back on…

My amana refrig threw...

My amana refrig threw a breaker switch, but has gone back on and worked fine since I threw the breaker switch back. It is 13 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years, Model ABB2223DES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My technician over the phone said the part was likely to be the box that has the light and shows the settings. Maybe $50

2/18/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

It could be a bad control or just a bad compressor relay. These things are always hard to say when it is working. I would not guess a the problem and wait until it happens again then you can easily narrow it down. Often on that unit it is a bad compressor relay causeing too much current draw when trying to start. Once it cools off it works fine again.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH