HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a cg5 boiler for my home. The boiler ignites and runs…

Customer Question
I have a cg5...

I have a cg5 boiler for my home. The boiler ignites and runs for 10 seconds or so, turns off for 1 or 2 seconds and then reignites, that happens over and over again for 30 minutes or so and then shuts down

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

At least a month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it takes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
2/16/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This sounds like a flame sensing issue. First thing to try is to clean off the pilot electrode that ignites the pilot and doubles as the flame sensor. Use fine sandpaper to clean it off.