HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier heat pump and my condenser unit continually…

Customer Question
I have a carrier...

I have a carrier heat pump and my condenser unit continually runs even when the thermostat is turned off. can you help

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes the fan setting is on auto and the filter is a washable one and it is clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I filed a claim with my home warranty company.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only time I can get it to turn off is if I pull the quick connect and turn off the breaker. But tonight we did that and it came right back on.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. The problem is likely one of two things: Either the unit is still receiving a call through the thermostat wires or the contactor is stuck closed. If you feel comfortable I can walk you through figuring out which of these it is - could possibly save the deductible you would need to pay the company that comes out.