HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honey well chromotherm 111 blank screen have checked all…

Customer Question
honey well chromotherm 111 blank...
honey well chromotherm 111 blank screen have checked all breakers changed batteries still blank
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
2/13/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What do you have for heating equipment? brand and model please

comfort maker U48A19
this format is fine

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. Typically the batteries will turn on the display - are the batteries you're using brand new?

Okay, thank you. It's likely that the thermostat board went out and that the thermostat will need to be replaced, but, if you feel comfortable, let's make sure the thermostat is getting power from the unit before we make that determination. You will need to remove the face of the thermostat to expose the wiring. This is low voltage wire and won't hurt you. Do you feel comfortable doing this?