HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am replacing the gas control valve in my G26Q3-75-1

Customer Question
I am replacing the...

I am replacing the gas control valve in my G26Q3-75-1 furnace with a white rodgers 36H series valve. Can you tell me the correct wiring connections? It is not a direct swap.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, just replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Valve is installed. Need to verify the wiring.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .

Let me grab a wiring diagram

I am looking for the correct connections of the C, MV, and PV connections from the furnace controller to the new gas valve.
Everything seems to work properly when turned on, but does not seem like there is any gas flow. pilot does not light and therefore burner does not fire.Need to get the furnace going for the night. I'm in Michigan.

THere should be matched terminals on the ignition module that feed voltage to the valve. Are you getting 24 volts between COM and PV on call for pilot and COM and MV when burners should come on?

The PV is the pilot side of the valve and MV is main valve which opens to light burners.

I can check quick.The main doesn't come on due to pilot not firing.Is the wiring as simple as yellow to C, MV from controller to M on valve, and PV on controller to P on valve?
between PV and com, voltage jumps when pilot igniter starts and then levels out around 6 V. There is no power to the main as there is no pilot to start the main burners.

Most likely going to have to replace the ignition module if 0nly sending 6 volts

The old valve worked, but solenoid was sticking. Couldn't count on the valve to open everytime. Lots of time the blower would run and the burner would not ignite.Is there a way to check the module to see if it is good?

If the board is not sending 24v to pv you have already done so

Why would the other valve work then?

I have to leave for a while for a meeting.I will think this over while I am driving and see if I can think of why a bad valve was opening with 6v and why new valve does not.If I don't come up with anything , when I return I will do some research in troubleshooting the particular unit to see if Lennox designed this one to open pilot on 6v.PLease reply with module number you have so I can research.

Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control G776RGD-10

Sorry for the delay.I have looked everything over and 6v will not open valve to light pilot.Not sure if perhaps the board going bad could have at that time been sending 24v to PV and now it is not or what.I do know erratic behaviour is common for a failing board.

Here is the flow chart based on the fact that we are getting spark but not pilot.