HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an old Viessman furnace with a Trimatik control. I'm…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Viessman furnace with a Trimatik control. I'm looking for a replacement room thermostat with night set back option. The thermostat has three connections - can you help please?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat is not functioning.]

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Obtaining a true night set back TS with only three connections is the problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
2/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. the Viessmann boiler controls have the night set back setting in the control themselves not the thermostat. what is the model number of the controller

i will also need the model number of the boiler

you're right but with a remote sensor, ie. the room thermostat the Trimatik control can be configured to trigger the boiler from the room thermostat. Boiler is VITOLA BIFERRAL-E BE-29. At the moment I cannot even get the boiler to switch on using a standard two connection (24V) thermostat. The boiler will function without the room thermostat.The old thermostat has two manual settings, day time and night time set back - very rare it seems.

i am unable to locate any information about the room sensor. i will open this up to other experts to see if one of them can help you