HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is on manual mode and set to heat, temp

Customer Question
My thermostat is on...

My thermostat is on manual mode and set to heat, temp setting is set to 71. the temp only goes to 67 and cuts off. A code in the unit shows 23

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

New filters, all thermostat settings ok, what does 23 mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I want to know why it has stopped heating

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything was working until a short time ago, is the 23 in the unit indicate a fault

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. the 23 could be a status code or an error code. i will need to know the brand and model number of your furnace to determine what that code means.

goodmancapf486oc6ba

that is the model number for the evaporator coil. the model number for the furnace will be located on a sticker inside the upper compartment on the side pannel