HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I disconnected my thermostat without labelling anything.

Need help reconnecting to our...
I disconnected my thermostat without labelling anything. Need help reconnecting to our new thermostat. Heat pump/AC system.
1/21/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What color wires do you have list them all please.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok.
Ok
Pink, grey, black, brown, red, orange, white, yellow, black, green, blue. 10 wires total.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No all were connected. Black has no connection end. I'm "pretty sure" grey and pink were also no connected.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
not

Well

Red-Rh(jumper to RC)

White-W

Green-G

Yellow-Y

Orange-O/B

Brown-C

You would have to get to the board in the unit to check the color wires and there contact positions as you have some that need to be found before hooking it all up.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok. Let me go look at the board in the unit.

ok

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
White, orange, red, blue yellow on outside unit
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Green black brown not connected
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Pink,grey inside the wire.

So then you would only connect these ones up

Red-Rh(jumper to RC)White-WYellow-YOrange-O/B try that and see if it works
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok. Brb

ok

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thermostat clicking... Nothing coming on. :(
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The unit is a 2014 Rudd Heat pump

Do you remember how many wires were connected before you took them all off?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am pretty sure the blue and green were also connected. Not sure about the orange and brown.

Green would go to G and Blue would be to the B if your old unit had B and O terminals it is just hard to say 100%

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok. That didn't work. Should we give up and should I call an HVAC guy?

I would for this issue since the wiring is not totally standard so they will have to chase out the wires to get it correct.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH