HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a honeywell comfortmaker, and the blower does not…

I have a honeywell...

I have a honeywell comfortmaker, and the blower does not start - just a high pitched electrical type hum coming from the circuit board. Bad transformer perhaps?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Heater would sometimes come on, and sometimes not for a couple weeks now. Now it's just not coming on - or at least the blower part isn't

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. Most places are closed today

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Honeywell model NBF100F20G1

1/21/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you take the panel off is the blower humming?

Blower motor is not humming. There's a high pitched whine coming from the circuit board
Checked capacitance on capacitor, since that's usually the cause of a fan not running - got 8.98 on a 10uf capacitor.
Tried spinning the fan to start, does not start.

I would say the baord is bad if the noise is coming from the board. Can you see what part on the board is making the noise?

Can't really isolate the sound, but it does sound like a bad transformer maybe.
Guess I can check to see if it's putting out 24v

Yes check it out that would be about the only thing that could be making the noise, but if it is something on the board replace the board.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH