HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Looking for a more modern replacement for my Honeywell

T8602C thermostat controlling Zone 1...
Looking for a more modern replacement for my Honeywell T8602C thermostat controlling Zone 1 through a MABS 2-3 panel. The two features that make the application unique are that the thermostat must have both O and B terminals for changeover control and must be battery powered (there’s no C or Common wire). Any suggestions?
1/21/2018
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI, I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE PRO IAQ BRAND THERMOSTATS AS THEY WORK WELL ARE SIMPLE TO USE AND REPLACE THE BATTERIES AND ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR SYSTEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND IF YOU COULD RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

https://www.pro1iaq.com/products/thermostats

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ya, maybe. Which model do you think might give me battery power, O and B terminals, and remote connectivity?

all of them are battery powered and have a separate O and B terminal. the wifi models do require a C wire. if you still need a wifi thermostat then you can use an add a wire kit if you do not have enough wires for a C wire. other than that there is really no thermostat that will be wifi capable battery powered and have separate O and B.

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician