HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our carrier infinity says "system malfunction". The fan is…

Our carrier infinity says...

Our carrier infinity says "system malfunction". The fan is working but it is not cool. I went to the attic and changed the filter but code is still there. What does this mean?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We just got the code about 3 hours ago. AC set for 68 degrees but house temp is showing 76 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, I am hoping that changing the filter will be it. I was due to change the filter tomorrow

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's it

1/21/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does it say what malfunction code it is?

No, how do I get that code?

Hold down the side button for 3 seconds to see the code

The right or left side?

Should be the right side button

No code. Just says
Mode cool
AC off
Fan on

Try the left side button

Says filter 0% used.
Are you there?

To check current system status.

1. Press the right side button. This will display the current active system faults.

From the top of unit, there are 5 buttons on the right side.
Top one has a fan symbol
2nd one shows status
3rd is heat red
4th is blue cool
5th one is OFF
Which one?

It should be the Status button.

Your answer is not specific enough. I told you what happens when I push status button. I’m really not getting the answer of how to check code. Can you help me?

What is the exact model of the thermostat?

Carrier Infinity system
I just went to Youtube. I am supposed to hold in the advanced button for 10 seconds to get codes. Please refund my money now.
Im not really getting any help here. I want my credit card credited for the entire amount.

OK no problem

Yes no problem I needed the model of infinity unit to get you the right code info take care.

In my initial message I said it was a carrier infinity. Fine, just as long as I get a credit for the $5 plus $23 so I should have no charge at all on my credit card.

There is more than one infinity thermostat that is why I was asking, you got the direction you needed for free so take care.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Phone call session started