HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Condenser contractor chattering is it bad? Just notice

Condenser contractor chattering is...

Condenser contractor chattering is it bad?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just notice today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We had very cold weather down to 10 degrees, fan not been running until today thouzght was running’s. On heat strips.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters new thermostat has been set on heat but now think heat strips only come on in emergency setting. Do they?

1/21/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the contactor is chattering bad it is likely a bad contactor coil. Have you tried a new contactor on the unit normallyu just a new contactor will solve the whole issue.Heat strips only come on during emergency heat.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s what I thought, glad you agree I will get one Monday I give you a star rating. I do not want a subscription , hope this does not, happen again.

Yes no problem this is just a one time thing no subscription after a rating thanks!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH