HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a model 1137; there was no water running through the…

I have a model...

I have a model 1137; there was no water running through the silinoid so I bought a new one. Put it on and still have no water running through it. tHere is water feeding it; I checked that first; not sure what to check now?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I have no water running through my new selinoid I put on and there is water feeding it; what do I do next?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The humidstat clicks and turns on the fan, but no water through the new selinoid

1/20/2018
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Is there 24 volts getting to selenoid?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, not reading hardly any; none to the humidistat and 9.2 to the fan

you can change selenoid all you want but without 24v its not going to work. Check wiring connection, where is it taking its power.

Did you trace power source

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok sorry; had my meter on DC. Yes I have 24.5 to selenoid and 118 to receptical

Can you hear selenoid open and close

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 24.5 v. To selenoid but no opening and closing; just clicking from humidstat when I vary that

No clicking at selenoid? with 24v present.

and if you loosen water line at selenoid, water leaks?

All I can think is you got a bad replacement selenoid!!

Had that hapened twice.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I'll call them Monday to see about a replacement; thanks foe helping for now

please Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

best regards

Gaztech1

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician