HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Just bought a house, gas furnace was working fine. gas

Customer Question
Just bought a house...

Just bought a house, gas furnace was working fine. gas company shut off gas, then came back and turned it back on after the confusion was cleared up. Since the gas has been back on, can't get the furnace to light. Gas hot water tank is working (we have gas) Induction motor doesn't start... nothing is happening at all. (Rheam Criterion II) We do have a light on the board flashing 4 times, pause, 4 times....

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Thermostat is on, no pilot, it has an ignitor

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's cold

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .

Lets start by turning power off ti furnace and back on.See if error code goes away

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tried that, code is still there, furnace is doing nothing

LIghtly tap on the pressure switch and see if it will unstick.

It will have a rubber hose attached.May be plastic or metal

https://i.imgur.com/xz4NcnM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/at2Z27r.jpg

The error code says it is stuck closed and inducer will not start as long as it is closed

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer