HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 3 year old CruisAir 16,000 btu Marine AC that is…

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 year old CruisAir 16,000 btu Marine AC that is making noise when the compressor runs -

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since we were here in the fall - then again beginning in January

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It only makes noise when the compressor is running ... the fan is not making any noise other than what is normal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/18/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on unit? If it is a heat pump do you have the noise in both heat and cool modes
?

Hello - I wasn't told there would be multiple charges for your services. It is a reverse cycle self-contained CruisAir 16,000 BTU unit. I'll check the cooling cycle.
Please stand by
It isn't making the noise in the cooling cycle at the moment
I would assume it's just the heat cycle.
I'll get the model number if I can
Model STX 16
It makes the same noise in cooling, but it's not as loud
In both cooling and heating it gets louder the longer the compressor runs.
it gets quieter if I push down on the compressor
It is definately on both the heat and the cooling cycle.
areyou there?
Hello
It is a faster noise when running in heat mode
Are you familiar with Marine Reverse cycle units?
Are you Still there?

Yes looking for a manual.Never worked on this particular model but the operation is pretty much same among brands and models.

I'd like a refund since you have never worked on this product.
How do I get get a refund?

I will forward to administrators requesting refund.Have the manual on my desk and a pretty good idea what is causing this,Very simple fix.With 48 years in the industry this is not hard to figure out at all.