HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have rheem rcfm-hm3617ac furnace with propane as the

Customer Question
I have rheem rcfm-hm3617ac...

I have rheem rcfm-hm3617ac furnace with propane as the auxillary source. The propane will not light. Also the fan will not quit running even if i set the thermostat to off.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I do not know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe it is just the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is plenty of propane and we have not had any other trouble with the furnace

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? THe RCFM is the ac coil.Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)