HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a brand new Goodman electric air handler that’s

getting 240 volts to it...
I have a brand new Goodman electric air handler that’s getting 240 volts to it I was trying to see why is the blower is not turning fast enough. Just got installed. What could be the problem
1/18/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Model on air handler?

Goodman. Brand new.

I saw that. I need model from label to guide you specifically

Gmcaruf31B

THanks. Now look on the motor and tell me which speed tap is currently being used.(The color of the wire coming from the motor to the “COM” terminal on the control board defines at which speed the motor will operate. Black wire is high speed, blue wire is medium speed and red wire is low speed. )

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .

I’m not at the location. But I do remember the blk wire is going to M1 and the blue wire going to M2. So I’m assuming the red wire must be going to com

OK the speed wires are as follows:
Black is high

Blue is medium

Red is low.

M1 and M2 are park terminals for unused speed wires

So to speed the motor up swap the blue with red to speed up to medium or black and red to speed up to high

Ok thanks.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Is it ok for me to switch wirers to see if that will solve problem and then rate.

Absolutely. You can also go ahead and rate to make sure question does not time out and come back for up to 30 days to follow up.I am here everyday except weekends and am here to make sure your question is properly answered and issue resolved.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Thanks for allowing me to help and for the rating.That is how I am credited for helping you.Like I mentioned I am here to make sure your issue is taken care of. Simply come back to the site and go to MY QUESTIONS and that will bring you here.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician