HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a trane gas/electric unit nand the heat does not stay…

I have a trane...

I have a trane gas/electric unit nand the heat does not stay on. I have put a new limit switch, ignitor and ignitor probe with no luck. Unit runs until satisfied, then doesn't come back on to satisfy the thermostat. Control board blinks code 2, system lockout. Any ideas ?????

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Unit has good air flow and i ALSO REPLACED THE THERMOSTAT.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES. i HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE BUT LACK SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AS TO TROUBLE CODES.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HAVE LOOKED AT THE INDUCED DRAFT BLOWER AND IT is working fine. The unit is interrupting the flow of gas.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on the unit?

YCC036F1H0BD

Let me grab a manual

NO
PAPER WORK ON THE UNIT IS YCC036F1H0B

The lockout code indicates the board did not recognize the flame so it locked out.What do you have to do to get the unit to come back on when it does this?

i CAN PULL THE CUTOFF AND THAT RESETS THE UNIT.

OK that basically resets the control board. Does the unit always run until thermostat is completely satisfied and have you seen any other codes?

Not always. Sometimes it takes a couple times before it will restart then run between 5 and 20 min. No other codes . I have a list of the bblinking codes on the original paperwork that came with the unit.

What we need to do is turn power off and back on.Then call for heat and raise thermostat just a couple of degrees (enough to make it come on) then let it run until thermostat is satisfied. At that point immediately check and see if we have the error code or we don't get the code until it tries to start again.I also have the manual on my desk

ok the unit is at my mother in laws house and I wont be able to work on it until tomorrow. I was really looking for the answer to the lockout code. I have ordered a new presure switch I will install when it gets here. As soon as I install it, I will try your suggestion.
I know the unit blinks call for heat when it was reset.

If we get a no flame lockout after thermostat is happy we may have a failing board. If we don't get the code until next attempt it may be giving us an open pressure switch or open limit code first and then going into lockout.

I have caused the code three to flash before checking the pressure switch. So it could be the board itself. I started changing parts because of the condition of the plugs on the components, ignitor, flame detector, limit switch was especially bad.

Let me know how it goes when you go back there

Thank you for your assistance

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

First time I have used a service like this. The tech was knowledgeable and helpful.

THanks again.Before you go you should see five stars across the page.Please select the 5 star rating so I am credited for assisting you tonight.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician