HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a reznoir 60k btu heater in my garage, a couple of…

I have a reznoir...

I have a reznoir 60k btu heater in my garage, a couple of months old, I installed it, i have a two wire thermostat wire to it and have it set at 62 degrees sometimes I have noticed it will shut down for no reason, when this happened I found that taking the thermostat off of its electrical prongs seemed to reset and it would start working again but today that did not work. i have checked to make sure it has power but did not take off the cover to check the green light inside

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I guess im not sure, if i cross the wires from the thermostat will that cause the heater to come on, that way I could tell if its the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think thats everything, the exhasat is only about 3 feet long but is flexible, like a dryer vent because that was all i had at the time

1/18/2018
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

What model is it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
UDAP-60 i believe

You could try putting the 2 t-stat wires together to see if its t-stat related

but you really need to get the error code to proceed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok if i take off the side cover there is a green light in the unit, is there an error code in there or is this like a car, you need a tool to hook up to it and read the unit to tell what the error code it

Count the amont of flashes between pauses, thats will give us the error code and then look on chart to know whats wrong on page 20 of this manual

http://www.ozheating.com/uploads/3/1/8/1/31810529/reznor_garage_heater_udap_installation.pdf

There should be same chart in your unit

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the green light was on solid so i disconnected the thermostat and crossed the wires and it turned on the thermostat is a honeywell rth636od1002 so im assuming there is something about the thermostat interstingly the back of the thermostat has like 13 possible wire connections i used the w for white wire and r for red wire but am not sure if there is another way you are suppossed to hook it up

Thats right

did you leave jumper between R and RC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did not touch that

Did you do system set up on t-stat?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is a little door that can be pushed up to cover part of the rc, im not sure in what position it has to be in to be jumped or not
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is tstat

Thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does it matter if they are connected

Little door position, not sure, look in manual

Did you do system set up on t-stat?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not really, i just put the temperature to 61 and press hold

Thats why!!

Get your manual and go into system set up and finish the job

Hows it going?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I set up the thermostat but it is still not turning on the heat I’m going to call Honeywell tomorrow and see what vthey say

Did you figure little door for R and RC jumper?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not change its position but am going to ask about it tomorrow tks for ur help though

Please Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it

Cheers!

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician