HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Error 34, Not sure I typically have home warranty fix it. It…

Not sure I typically...

Not sure I typically have home warranty fix it. It says it ignition proving failure....but It lights and I see the blue flames in there for a few seconds...then it cuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Heck no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I find out what model unit I have wait $5 for? Troubleshooting with technic***** *****ve?

1/18/2018
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is ***** ***** look at the burner..before it fires...do you see an ignitor glow?

short story is you have a dirty flame sensor that just needs cleaned off with steel wool.

I ask if you see the glow...because the flame sensor is at the opposite end of the burner from the glow ignitor,

It has a white ceramic base with one wire to it and is a single metal rod that sticks in front of the burner. Clean this rod with steel wool and you will be back in business.

Billy

Thanks it worked.

excellent!

Now if you could just rate service (5star system) I can move off my active list.

I thank you!

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech