HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox Elite installed in 2007. Some "furnace guy"

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox Elite installed in 2007. Some "furnace guy" didn't tel me that he cracked the condensate box therefore the condensation leaked down into the furnace and over my IBM electronic filters and to the floor. Looks like the guy did not rehood the 1/2" inside Diameter tube that went ti the drain . The furnace sits on the concrete floor in the basement. Can you help me with the leaking issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like someone to help me diagnose why the condensation is leaking onto the floor. I do not know furnaces. I need some advice for a technician who knows how the furnace I have operated (regarding the condensation issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. Is there something you need to know to help me?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/18/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, attach a few photo's of the furnace and the damaged areas, take some from 8 feet away so I can get the situation in context.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photos to me.

.

We can go from there without any time limits

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.