HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My goodman heat pump was working then it just stop blowing…

Customer Question
My goodman heat pump...

My goodman heat pump was working then it just stop blowing air.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Just changed the filters and turned off the thremostat and waited 5 minutes then turned back on. No response from unit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I ma a contractor and this is my home

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to reset the unit or thermostat?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/17/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, to reset the unit at the thermostat, turn the thermostat OFF, then wait 2 minutes and turn it back on.

.

It would best if you have someone else do this, while you are standing at the furnace and listening intently as they turn the thermostat back on and set for heating and up to 90F.

.

You should hear the small inducer fan come on....

Then 2 to 5 seconds later a 'faint click' as the pressure switch closes.

.

Then 20 to 40 seconds after that two more faint clicks as the igniter relay and gas valve relays close.

.

Then you should hear the igniters ignite.

Listen to that sequence several times so that you can tell me where it hangs up... that will tell me what is most likely wrong with the system.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.