HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Question is about the augar motor on a Quadrafire pellet…

Question is about the...

Question is about the augar motor on a Quadrafire pellet stove insert

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Augar stopped. did the cleaning as per the manual. no luck. Took the augar motor out and the motor would not turn. see,ed to be seased. (will not turn) bought a new motor. he new motor will not turn either. is this correct or did I get a bad motor?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I cannot find anyone to work on the stove. Right now I would pay someone else to od the work. My question is still did I get a bad motor?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No - I do not think so - do you know of a tech that works on the Quadrofire pellet insert?

1/17/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, try the new motor before you fit it into the stove, if it runs OK then the auger is stuck inside the feed tube and that is what you have to focus on.

If the new auger motor does not run then the problem is with the printed circuit board or other controls that control the auger motor feed.

.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will look for a well rated service tech for you.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
If I hold the new motor, not connected to anything, and try and turn the shaft, the shaft will not turn. Is that OK or did I get a bad morot that is seqasec up
Phil
last question - I live a little south of Nashville TN. The 2 nearest Quadrafire dealers are in Huntsville Alabama and Cookville TN. do you know of an independant tech? thanks
I have sent 2 quick questions and have not received an answer - what did I mess up

The auger motor is a 'gear motor' about 100 to 1 ratio, very difficult to rotate the output shaft by hand

You did not mess up, on this end I handle many questions at time and off doing research and typing answers and only respond after your reply, I don't stand by so to speak.

.

What is the name of the town you are in, I need to look for something within driving distance

I live a little south of Nashville TN. The 2 nearest Quadrafire dealers are in Huntsville Alabama and Cookville TN. and one in Franklin tn The Franklin dealer does not work on Quadrefire but gave me a name of Jenny's Stoves as a guy that used to work on Pellet stoves. Am trying to find him now. But any suggestion you may have is appreciated

Hello, nothing within driving distance.

Connect the wiring to your new auger drive motor and start the stove, if the shaft does not move the problem is most likely in the printed circuit board.

.

Get me the model number of the stove, I will pull the wiring diagram and coach you on a repair.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer