HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Fan stops motor just hums tech touched the test o. Touching…

Customer Question
Fan stops motor just...

Fan stops motor just hums tech touched the test o

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Touching the test point got the fan turning again but after a few days it stopped again

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can get instructions yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thing that the circuit board is the problem does goodman still have parts for a system as old as this one

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/17/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

1. What is model on furnace?

2.WE will need a multi meter if you want to troubleshoot,do you have one?

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .