HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rodgers 50A55-288-05. Furnace has been working but…

I have a white...

I have a white Rodgers 50A55-288-05. Furnace has been working but no on the control board I am getting 3 flashing lights and ignition switch does not heat up. Exhaust fan tuns on but burners and ignition do not. What should I look for as possible problems

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter little dirty not bad but changed and thermostat is at 69 and temp in home is 61

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Changed ignition switch did not help

1/17/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a pressure switch code, meaning the pressure switch is not closing when the exhaust fan is coming on. So you need to check and make sure the exhaust fan comes on first. You can cycle the power off to the unit at the switch or breaker for a minute and turn it back on to clear the code and restart a heat cycle making sure the thermostat is on or you have R to W jumpered on the board in the furnace. If the fan does not come on check the fan for power. If the fan does come on and nothing is plugged in the exhaust or intake vent then check the pressure tube for blockages. That is the rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the blower housing. If that tube is blocked or cracked that code will come up. You need to check the port where the tube connects to the exhaust blower housing make sure that port is not blocked with crud. Normally it is one of these issues causing that code on the furnace. Lastly you have to check all condensate lines on the unit, especially the drain line that comes out of the inducer motor housing to make sure nothing is blocked causing a backup of condensate water.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The exhaust fan does come on right away

Ok did you check the pressure tube and ports?

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Where is the pressure tube located
Is the rubber tube inside the exhaust vent where it attaches to the exhaust fan
Phone call session started

Yes the rubber tube that comes off the inducer motor housing goes to the pressure switch check that tube and port

Thank you that was the problem the port was clog cleaned out and working like a champ again. I have had this happen 4 years ago but forgot but once you directed me to where I needed to look I remembered. Thanks worth the $23.

No problem

No phone call was ever made do not charge my card for that.Thank you.