HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox lf24-150 that is giving me a 4 flash. It…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Lennox lf24-150 that is giving me a 4 flash. It runs perfectly for 2-3 cycles then starts fires but the fan doesn’t turn on. Then I get the 4 flash since it is overheating without the fan blowing.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It’s 1 of 45 heaters I have so I’m use to working on these. It has 120v to the board all connections are good

1/17/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Are we getting 120v to the fan when it should be on but fan is just not coming on or is board not sending power to fan?

No power to the fan at that point but the first few cycle it all works perfectly

BUt pressure switch is not opening or a limit until the fan actually causes limit to open due to not coming on?

I think the limit switch is opening since the fan isn’t coming on. But I don’t know why the fan doesn’t come on after it had been working fine the fan moves freely

Has to be a failing ignition control board. Erratic behaviour is characteristic of a board going out. THere are no other components in the sequence after burners come on and prove flame that would keep fan from coming on. Can you steal a board from one of the other heaters to try ?

that was my next step but I just wanted a second opinion I’ve had the boards go bad before on other heaters but they were just dead.
That’s great info I couldn’t find that anywhere I figured it was on a timer thank you I’ll switch the board out in the morning

I will upload you a manual if you don't have one

That would be great thanks
I got it thanks

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician