HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Question is that the blower motor on a 1986 Payne Gas

Hi, question is that...

Hi, question is that the blower motor on a 1986 Payne Gas furnace continues to run even when heat is not on ....thinking it may be the limit switch but furnace is so old cannot find model number . thoughts ? Thermostat and filters are fine

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters changes a week ago and thermostat is brand new and set correctly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Perhaps

Model 396 updraft
1/16/2018
Michael Ferryman

Their is a relay/switch that kicks your fan on when the call for the fan is initiated. Fallow your control wires to the relay, I think you will find that the relay is stuck in the closed position and will need to be replaced.

Michael Ferryman