HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Goodman GMVC950905DXAB gas furnace. It has recently…

Customer Question
I have a Goodman...

I have a Goodman GMVC950905DXAB gas furnace. It has recently become very noisy when it runs with a loud vibration-type sound. I have investigated the motors on the fans and found them not to be the problem. This furnace has a Goodman A-Coil mounted on top which connects to an outside condenser that provides air conditioning. I have found that the vibration seems to be coming from the outside condenser/compressor which surprised me very much. I did not think it would operate when the thermostat is set to heat mode. Anyway, when the vibration starts, the burner shuts off, when the compressor stops on the AC unit a pressure relief valve (I think) pops off then the inducer starts back up and the burners reignite. The end result is lackluster heating and little sleep due to the vibration. Any help would be appreciated. Dan

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

thermostat settings are okay and filters are clean. They are the type you wash and replace which we do monthly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am an old retired engineer and I have done this type of maintenance around my house for a long time, but one bad knee and two bad shoulders have limited me to light duty. So if needed I will seek outside help.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 5 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have a heat pump system?

It is not a heat pump but a gas furnace with vertical flow and a central air unit with A-coil on top and condenser unit outside.

You are sure the main blower is not causing the issue?

Because of the very cold weather, I have called in a local HVAC company to make the repair. Thanks for your help