HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My 26000 btu heater began with it cutting off ocasionally…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my 26000...

Second opinion] my 26000 btu heater began with it cutting off ocasionally now it wont light at all but the pilot will light @ when u release the button it goes out what is my problem. thanks

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Off and on for about 1 month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/15/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pilot goes out when you release the button you have to hold down to light it then you likely have a bad thermopile/thermocouple. We would replace the thermo in a case like this.