HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heater continues to shut off and the temperature keeps…

Customer Question
My heater continues to...

My heater continues to shut off and the temperature keeps dropping.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For a few days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its an oil furnance I have plenty of oil

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

There is no filters in this furnance

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. When was the last time the burner was tuned up?

I hear it come on and then I hear it light but then nothing. Sometimes it will begin to blow heat but other times it shuts off
I have the theromstate set to 72 but its reading 65

When was the last time the burner was tuned up? Does the burner shut down while the burner is actually firing?