HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Xrv95 trane furnace. Power to unit, fuse ok, transformer ok,

Customer Question
Xrv95 trane furnace. Power...

Xrv95 trane furnace. Power to unit, fuse ok, transformer ok, Circuit breaker ok. Power to furnace. Changed thermostat batteries. Problem is fan will not run even in on position. No heat. No codes, no blinking lights. Furnace is just dead.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat settings are fine and has a new filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fan was sounding funny, in that it sounded as if it was revving. Furnace is 4 1/2 years old. Furnace just quit.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Certified HVAC Service Technician, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Certified HVAC Service Technician
Turn the power off disconnect the red and green wire from the thermostat and tie them together and then turn in on and see if the fan comes on. If it does then your thermostat is bad. If not update me and we will go from there