Ask Certified HVAC Service Technician You...
Certified HVAC Service Technician
Certified HVAC Service Technician, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I know every aspect of any HVAC system in a residential,commercial, and industrial facilities
70361942

Xrv95 trane furnace. Power to unit, fuse ok, transformer ok,

Customer Question

xrv95 trane furnace. Power to unit, fuse ok, transformer ok, Circuit breaker ok. Power to furnace. Changed thermostat batteries. Problem is fan will not run even in on position. No heat. No codes, no blinking lights. Furnace is just dead.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Thermostat settings are fine and has a new filter.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Fan was sounding funny, in that it sounded as if it was revving. Furnace is 4 1/2 years old. Furnace just quit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Certified HVAC Service Technician replied 10 months ago.
Turn the power off disconnect the red and green wire from the thermostat and tie them together and then turn in on and see if the fan comes on. If it does then your thermostat is bad. If not update me and we will go from there