HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have trane XV 90 furnace and it is flashing a pressure…

Customer Question
I have trane...

I have trane XV 90 furnace and it is flashing a pressure switch fault

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes and rplaced them

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I fix it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Ferryman
Inside your furnace you will see clear plastic tubes running to a pressure switch, make sure these tubes are in fine condition. Check the pressure switch for correct operation by bypassing the pressure switch and ruining the unit. If the unit runs with the switch bypassed you have found your issue.
how do you by-pass the pressure switch ?
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago
Jump it out with length of wire
I don"'t have the time to call today I request you give me instructions thanks
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago
on the switch they'd will basically new a wire in and a wire out. You would need to jump that out
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago
I'm going to had to opt out for shift change
HVAC Technician: niro9800, HVAC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
niro9800
niro9800, HVAC Mechanic
Do you know where the pressure switch is located? If so remove the 2 wires that are attached to it and touch the wires together. Then try to start it and see what it does.
I'll do that when I get home after 11pm cdt
If it kicks in what do I do then?