HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our furnace fan seems to be running continuously in spite of…

Customer Question
Our furnace fan seems...

Our furnace fan seems to be running continuously in spite of the fact that the inside temperature is as shown on the thermostat setting

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think perhaps it is specific to the thermostat and I do not have the manual for setting schedule

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would it be possible to send me instructions for setting tbhe thermostat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, first make sure that you have the FAN switch on the thermostat set to Auto...not to ON.

If its set to auto and runs constantly and heat operates and keeps the house warm, then the fan relay on the printed circuit board is bad and needs to be replaced.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.