HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Armstrong Air gas furnace which is about 7 years…

Customer Question
I have an Armstrong...

I have an Armstrong Air gas furnace which is about 7 years old. Recently it hasn't been working right. The LED on the control board has been flashing 3 times showing the pressure switch is open with the inducer on. I had a repairman check it out and he determined the problem was the board itself. He replaced the board and after a couple days ,the same problem came back. The pressure switch checks out being OK, not sure if it is the right one. The number on the pressure is 1s20460-6200. Could the 3 flashes from the LED mean something else could be going bad? The furnace will start back up after shutting it down a few times. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat has been replaced with a new one, Aprilaire 8463. The filters are new, the repairman also checked them.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What would you like to know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, lets do a test,

Fit a jumper wire across the two terminals on the pressure switch, 2 to 5 seconds AFTER the inducer fan starts, hold the jumper there for 60 seconds and tell me if the burners fire or not.

Regarding other possibilities, they are limitless.. we only look into those as needed,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.