HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Looking into problems with my beckett motor? Couple hours it…

Customer Question
Looking into problems with...

Looking into problems with my beckett motor?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Couple hours it is humming there is oil when i open the bleeder valve i get no oil coming out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i am a licensed pipefitter however residential boilers are still a little new to me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/10/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. have you checked to see if the motor is turning the fan in the burner and if it is have you checked the coupling to the pump?

The fan is not turning

ok have you trired resetting the burner?

nothing happens

ok on the side of the cad cell relay ( where the reset buttton is) jump the T and T terminals together and see if the burner tries to start

Nothing happens

OK WHAT IS THE MODEL OF THE CAD CELL RELAY?

Honeywell r8184g1286

OK HAVE YOU CONFIRMED THAT THE BURNER IS GETTING 120 VOLTS?

No I don’t have voltmeter with me

IS THE RED LIGHT ON THE SIDE OF THE CAD CELL RELAY ON?

The motor is making a humming noise, if it’s low voltage will it not spin? There is no light or place for a light
It is also warm to the touch

OK NEXT TURN THE POWER OFF, FLIP THE TRANSFORMER OPEN AND TRY TURNING THE VLOWER WHEEL BY HAND

It turns

OK NEXT WILL HELP TO HAVE A METER BUT WITHOUT A METER YOU AND TRY BYPASSING THE CAD CELL RELAY BY CONECTING THE BLACK MAIN POWER WIRE GOING INTO THE CAD CELL RELAY TO THE OTHER WIRES THAT ARE ATTACHED TO THE ORANGE WIRE FROM THE RELAY