HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a zvc404-4 and a Honeywell perstige eim that controls…

Customer Question
I have a zvc404-4 and...
I have a zvc404-4 and a Honeywell perstige eim that controls my heat pump and electric forced air heat. I am trying to connect the taco zone one to the 3rd stage of backup heat on the eim
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
1/11/2018
HVAC Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 7 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I was still looking for an answer. Do they need more information?
Hello:
Thank you for your continued patience while I try to find an Expert to assist you.
Best,
Gina
Where are we with this question?
Hello:
I'm sorry I have not been able to locate an Expert with the expertise to help with your system as of yet. I'm happy to continue looking for one and will continue to do :)
Thanks,
Gina
The taco zone controller can has 3 input wire options 2-tt 3rd wire is for common. My Honeywell eim has only one wire out for the third stage heating
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

3 wire out puts are usually a common, then one of the the other terminals is energized to open the zone

and the other to close the zone... called a "power open, power closed" system... you are not obligated to use all 3 terminals.

If your zone valve or zone damper is a "spring open, power close" type you only need the common connection and ONE of the other two.

.

We can go from here regarding EIM from here

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I have all of my zone controller wired to the main unit zvc404. I am trying to connect the thermostat to the control unit. My other thermostats used 2 wires and I connected them to the tt.

You are mixng two different types of controls, the eim with wireless features with the TACO by a different manufacturer that has no wireless features. A narative description of what you are doing will tend to scramble the brain... thats common with wiring, and so we use wiring diagrams.

.

If you can mark up one of the wiring options shown on the Honeywell eim wiring diagrams in their manual, I can help you sort it out from there... click here for the eim manual please.

.

If you do not have screen shot software, you can take a photo of the relevant diagram, print it out on your printer, then mark it up with a pencil to show the Taco relay wiring and its connections to the Honeywell EIM.

We can go from there once I have your diagram.

Oooop... "..I can help you sort it out FROM there..."

The taco manual is attached.I need to get my thermostat to connect to the taco.
The EIM only has one wire for the 2nd stage. The manual does say that I can connect a heating or cooling stage to one of the dry contacts. However I cant figure out how to tell the EIM how to control the 2nd stage of heat then.Attached is a pdf of what I am trying to connect.

click here please

.

I loose my shirt on these questions that go way beyond a simple Just Answer and into systems engineering and all the follow up often needed, I will appreciate it if you will rate my work so far positively. Thanks!

Be very sure not wire any other transformers into the system... Use only an upsized transformer in the furnace, and send power to the EIM and the TACO controller from R and C (+ and -) on THAT transformer... no other transformers allowed