HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

7000MVRLC Not working in fireplace. The pilot will light but…

Customer Question
7000MVRLC Not working in fireplace...
7000MVRLC Not working in fireplace. The pilot will light but when I turn on unit the burner does not start. Was just working about a week ago fine. Turned off one night and now nothing.
I’m not so experienced with these. Was installed by a Company.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/10/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Is this a manual gas valve or a 24v gas valve that has a wall switch or remote control?

Remote

D​oes the gas valve operate manually, just not with the remote?

You can set the switch to remote or on. This is on the switch at the fireplace that you would turn on or off manually.

Okay understand, so basically you have a couple possibilities;

1. No voltage to the gas valve

2. No communication between the receiver and the remote

3. Faulty receiver

4. Faulty remote

I recommend making sure the batteries in both the receiver and remote are good, I would make sure the remote and receiver are synced properly, I would then make sure I had proper voltage to the gas valve. If those all check out then the problem is either a faulty gas valve, receiver, or remote, which would require field diagnosis to determine the problem and cost or repair.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on January 09, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 26 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave