HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My carrier gas furnace is acting up .It will Ron and cut off…

Customer Question
My carrier gas furnace is...
My carrier gas furnace is acting up .It will Ron and cut off normally but every once in a while will not light and ignite if I turn the thermostat down then back up it will light and ignite reach temperature and cut off then it may or may not relight
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .

The next time it does not light,go to thermostat and disconnect the R and W wires and touch them together to see if furnace comes on.If so issue is with thermostat,could be as simple as low batteries.If it doesn't,Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

58efao75 cc. 0592v00544. This is the model and serial number
The exhaust fan stays on but the unit is not light.
Could it be the limit switch

ow about the error light on board.Is it blinking?

Looks like that one ws before they started putting diagnostic lights

Very possible a limit.Can you bypass it and see if it comes on?