HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When turning on unit fan turns really slow sounds like its…

Customer Question
When turning on unit...

When turning on unit fan turns really slow sounds like its in a bind

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

All filters and thermostat looks fine works on emheat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have to or find cheap. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a trane 220 power unit big unit house 1918square foot house

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

With the power off does the fan spin freely without binding? If it does not the bearing is bad on the fan. If it does spin super freely then I would say you may just have a bad capacitor for the fan. Check that out and see

O.k.
Turns freely
Don't know what capaciter isOr Looks Like
Anything else it could be are you there??
I guess this was just a rip off to get my money and no help!!!!!

I am not sure what happened to your replies. Here is what the capacitor looks like...CLICK HERE do you see it?