HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heat does not appear to be working my thermostat says…

Customer Question
My heat does not...

My heat does not appear to be working my thermostat says hold

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Potentially, depending on what the issue is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a white Rodgers thermostat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Welcome to the JustAnswer/Pearl website.My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be able to work with you on this today.Please be patient as I respond as sometimes it takes me a few moments to gather proper manuals and specifications on your equipment in order to provide accurate answers.Please wait until we are finished to rate my answer.Hopefully at that time I will have earned a five star rating.Now just to let you know, the website does offer a live phone call for one on one discussion for an additional fee. Due to my current work load and responsibilities I may not be available for the live phone call but along the way, the website will automatically present the offer.Please note that there is an additional cost for the service and if a technician calls it may be a different technician. However we can continue here as long as needed .

If thermostat is on heat,Temp desired is above room temp and says hold, the heat should be on.Issue is most likely with the furnace.

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Ok i have more information. the white Rodgers thermostat is on hold, and will not turn off. the heat is on 72 but the temp is 67.....we have tried to reset and changed batteries.....nothing.....do we still need to look at the side of heater

We can try one thing if you want at thermostat.Remove the R and W wire at subbase and touch the wires together.If heat comes on our problem is the thermostat but if not we need to go to furnace.

ok

I await your reply,

it will be a sec, the house is kind of big and furnance and thermos are far apart
Ok that did nothing. I am not too keen on open the furnance......i think i will just call someone.

I suspected it probably wouldn't.Issue is a furnace issue not a thermostat issue.I am here if you decide you want to troubleshoot.If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.