HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Reznor gas heater with Honeywell V8200 gas

Customer Question
I have a Reznor...

I have a Reznor gas heater with Honeywell V8200 gas controls. It won't fire up. I have replaced the thermocouple and the thermostat. When I turn up the thermostat there is no sound at the unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Think larger problem than the thermostat. Pilot stays lit. Don't think it is power problem unless there is a fuse somewhere that is bad.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to but really don't know where to start beyond the thermocouple and thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The book talks about a blocked vent switch but I haven't found the reset button. don't think the vent was blocked since nothing has changed with the vent. Is there a fuse somewhere?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Turn up thermostat and check if there is 24 volt ac at the gas valve wires

I checked the red wires near the thermocouple goes into the gas control unit. If those are the gas valve wires there is no juice.

Check if transformer input has 120 volts in and 24 volts output

And check if high limit switch has opened contact.

BTW, whats the model number?

Where are you????

I noticed question is still opened?

Did you resolve problem?