HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just installed a T3 thermostat and it works fine, but I…

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a T3 thermostat and it works fine, but I can't get it to shut off when the house reaches set temperature

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it's the thermostat because I have the top setting (small numbers) set at 74 and it's still running when the temperature reaches 78.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have gone into the mode and set the unit to off and fan to auto but it continues to run

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, tell me please which color wire was attached to each lettered terminal on the old thermostat, and the same information or photo's on the T3.

.

There is most likely a wiring error that we can easily correct,

.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get photos to me.

.

We can go from there without any time limits,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Old thermostat is gone, but T3 is wired: Black and yellow to Y, Green to G, Red and Orange to R,Blue to C
and White to blank below W2
If you can recommend a Honeywell tech in my area, I will ask him to check it.
I'll search for a Honeywell technician in my area.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will find a well rated honeywell tech for you

The thermostat is definitely not wired correctly...

I found a tech in my area.

Good work!