HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

One of our Gen 4 heaters stopped producing heat .it's 5

Customer Question
One of our Gen...

One of our Gen 4 heaters stopped producing heat .it's 5 years plus old and suspect needs bulb replacement .we are thinking of ordering new bulbs and doing that ourselves .your opinion , please . How technical is that task ?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

We don t have allergies so we removed the filter upon delivery uhhh the thermostat settings , could you elaborate on that please .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ,we have been thoroughly pleased with these heaters though .this is our 3rd heater , good product

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you are mechanically inclined, the bulb replacement is really pretty simple,just a matter of dismantling heater and replacing. There are actually videos on Youtube to give you step by step instructions.THey are good heaters and if you can replace parts yourself, well worth doing.However if you were intending to send them in for repairs, it would be cheaper to replace heaters.