HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I ran out of fuel during the night so didn't shut off the…

Customer Question
I ran out of...

I ran out of fuel during the night so didn't shut off the furnace until that morning. I got fuel delivered but the furnace won't come on. I looked on the unit and it was flashing red so pushed the reset but now it is steady red. We have a Beckett oil burner with a Genisys 7505 control. Do I need to bleed/prime it first?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

No, we just had the unit serviced a month ago, its a brand new unit or only one year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I'm not sure if I should? Is it too dangerous? My main issue is the service technician is not located in our town, he has to come from the next town and I just wondered if I could get it going myselt

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, the unit has worked just fine until we ran out of oil the day before yesterday. Its pretty chilly in the house now so I just want to get it working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

You probably need to bleed, here is Grayfurnace Guy Video to show you how.

For reseting your control, shut power off to furnace 10 sec. then power it back up, if needs reseting, press red buton for 30 sec until it flashes twice.

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A2KLfRkc71Rab7AAeRDrFAx.;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNjU2bW85BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQ5NjVfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=How+To+Purge+Oil+Furnace&fr=mcafee#action=view&id=2&vid=51acd3c68a98d53e4a3c35f8a6c4ac52

Ok so the unit is in a hard lockout, the red light is continuous. So I need to shut power off and reset before bleeding?

Shut power off 10 sec then turn on then Reset unit

Press 30 sec or more till it resets

then bleed if needed

How is it going?