HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is F code with rapid flashing light 14 times? 2 days,

Customer Question
What is F code...

What is F code with rapid green flashing light 14 times?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No heat but it’s blowing air

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need to know the brand and model number of the unit, thermostat or furnace that is flashing the F code etc.

We can go from there without a time limit

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Code is on Goodman air handler
AVPTC**14**
I prefer texting if that’s cheaper
Hello?

Hello again, I handle many questions at time, and do not stand by, I am notified when you respond then pick up as soon as I can, that generally works well. Texting is fine, phone calls are optional

Code is on Goodman air handler
AVPTC**1

Hello again, I handle many questions at time, and do not stand by, I am notified when you respond then pick up as soon as I can, that generally works well. Texting is fine, phone calls are optional.

click here for the manual, I will be referring to it

I have the manual

tell me please if you have a multi meter to check voltage or not, and a bit about your technical background,

.

see page 27 it lists a different code format from what you describe, see if any fit, we can go from there.

You should know that the codes are very useful, about 30% of the time, the other 70% they can be useless or worse,

I already looked at it. Looks like F means fan only and rapid blinking light is normal. I’m getting cold air blowing out.
My dad checked for leakage that’s about it. Don’t have any technical background
No multimeter

Thanks, ***** ***** I can do for you in that case is to help you locate a well rated heating and AC repair outfit in your area, if you want me to do that, tell me what direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city.

We can go from there

You can’t tell me what the code means?
How do I get a refund?

I provided you with the manual for your unit that lists all of the codes.... you may have not described the code accurately, or it could be a false code, that is about 50% common when the printed circuit board is bad...

However I will put in a refund request for you if you wish

please