HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new Aprilaire humidifier and it puts out at least 1…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Aprilaire humidifier and it puts out at least 1 gallon water an hour that goes down the drain. That seems excessive to me and I wonder what might be wrong with that.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has been going on for several months. I think it is severe when it is like an open spigot going into my laundry room tub. I have measured it and sometime it is more than a gallon an hour. I have had my furnace people come out and they have supposedly adjust some things but it continues to drain that much!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had the new furnace installed in July but of course the humidifier was not working then. When the furnace was on I heard the water running into the laundry tub almost all the time.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
When do I get an answer?
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I just got in, I am working on it now

I need the model number

The manual says 8400 series
No!
what is the problem?
I want my $5 back since I'm not getting any answer!
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer