HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Are you offering to help me for free? So if you don't solve…

Customer Question
Are you offering to...

Are you offering to help me for free?

Contractor's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

So if you don't solve the problem then the money is refunded?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since this morning but I was at work all day. been working on it for about an hour this evening

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is as simple as turning on switches :-)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ruud power vent 2 water heater. I found the power strip it was plugged into turned off this morning. no hot water now I can't get the burner on I can get the spark to start a flame, briefly, but main burner doesn't ignite

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Water been working like a charm until I found the power strip turned off this morning it is now plugged directly into the outlet

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. so far it sounds like a flame sensor issue, not fixable by flipping a switch... about the only thing I can help you with in this case is to locate a well rated Ruud service outfit in your area. If you want me to do that, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I called a neighbor who is pretty handy. He took off some covers, rubbed a little dirt off, got it working.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did it because this chat never started back up.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not satisfied with this experience and don't want to pay.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I use the 100% satisfaction guarantee for a refund?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My credit card has already been billed $28.00. I am not satisfied. I want a refund. Please tell me how do proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see at the top that if I pick 3 stars or higher it will credit the expert. So I have to give you 1 or 2 stars to get the refund?

I will put in a refund request for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer