HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I put a new sequencer on my furnace and I think I switched…

Customer Question
I put a new sequencer...
I put a new sequencer on my furnace and I think I switched some of the wires because now I'm not getting any heat.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Give me model on furnace and I will send you a diagram

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the diagram but I can't understand it

Tell me what you do not understand and I will see if I can help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot tell which wires go where

OK that is what the wiring diagram is for is to show you. Is it that you do not understand the components in diagram such as what the sequencer, fan relay, breakers,limits look like or what?

Give me model on furnace and I will send pics of what each component looks like and try to help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
E2EB-015HA

Excellent Give me a few seconds to attach some files.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the sequencer but it has two

We will go from there when verified

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Drawing now

OH from the transformer we should have gray wires coming from 24v COM on transformer to one side of each sequencer coil (bottom brass colored terminals)and up to blower relay.

From thermostat we should have a white wire going to opposite side of sequencer coils (Bottom brass colored terminals)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a grey wire, a black wire with white on it and a black wire hooked together, a white wire, a yellow wire and a blue wire left.

Can you attach a picture?And have we done everything so far as explained or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have. I just took noticed that the black wire with white on it is separate. the black wire and the grey wire is connected together.

OK did you have hose loose ? This should be all of the sequencer wires. Can you send a pic?

Back up and show me what those wires come from

I am trying to find where that black and gray you had in your hand goes..Back up a little more showing the entire wiring so I ca follow the wires

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The black one is running to a switch and the grey is hooked to is coming from a plug with different wires going to the blower. The black and white wire is coming from a wire nut with a wire to the transformer and a wire to the thermostat. The single black wire is going to the pic that I will attached next. The blue, white and yellow is going to the thermostat.

Blue to thermostat is common.It should connect with those grays I drew in earlier

White from thermostat is HEAT it should connect with the whites I drew earlier

The yellow is the AC wire.It should go to outdoor unit.

None of these should have been disconnected to replace sequencer.

THe black from blower should connect to the M2 so blower relay is powered when first seqeuncer is energized.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They were connected to the old sequencer

Not showing any thing other than the wires we covered already except that black up to blower relay.If I was there I could figure it out but without being there and seeing the entire wiring and components in a single picture, that is about as far as I go

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
none of those wires should be hooked to the sequencer? were should the transformer wire on on the sequencer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the black and white wire is hooked to a wire coming from transformer and thermostat. Is this supposed to be connected to the sequencer. It's hard to get a picture the way the wires are
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what does the fan relay look like?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, now I have a wire coming from the transformer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a yellow coming from a fan switch

Unfortunately I do not think we will get this solved this way. We have been going back and forth for almost 4 hours and are really no closer to being done than when we started.I feel you are ultimately going to have to get a tech onsite.Wish I was there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I understand but I was thinking that you might be able to tell me where the fan switch wire goes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it seems like the wire colors aren't the same that's why I'm telling you where the wires are coming from

THis is often the case.Wres could have melted or been changed at some tme.This is what makes this type of troubleshooting diificult.There really should not be any other wires connected to sequencer than what we have covered.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all of the contacts on the blower relay already have wires to them

Unfortunately I do not think we will get this solved this way. We have been going back and forth for 4 hours and are really no closer to being done than when we started.I feel you are ultimately going to have to get a tech onsite.Wish I was there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer